Planning a date is hard. It takes work, time, interest, creativity and some logistical capability. It is always good to step outside the box of boring and embark on a date that is different and fun and memorable.
I don’t want to hear any excuses. Yes, you can do it. Just try. Relax. Take a deep breath and let your mind wander. It will stumble on some bad ideas, but am sure a few good thoughts will lead to some praise worthy dates. Think about what you think your love would like and plan accordingly.
1. Sailing Lesson – head out for the seven seas and try your hand maneuvering a boat amidst the waves and wind.
2. Cooking Class – Who doesn’t love food? Take a cooking lesson together at a culinary institute and find the real way to your mate’s heart.
3. Painting Lesson in the Park – OK, so you may not be Van Gogh, but you can find your inner artist and let it free. Set up an easal and take an art/paint lesson together in the park.
4. Day at the Winery – Get a little tipsy as you sample some liquid grapes. Order a cheese and fruit platter, buy a bottle of wine and sit at one of the tables over looking the vineyard and have a mind blowing conversation. Hire a driver if you can, or make sure only one person is getting tipsy!
5. Plan a Picnic – Commune with mother nature and bask in the glow of your love below the swaying trees and near the babbling brook. Pack a tasty lunch, some bubbly, bring a big blanket and unwind. If there is a lake or pond, you may want to try a (skinny) dip.
6. Throw a gathering – Get your friends together and have a party. Find a cute pub that has a party room, order in a solo singer, serve up some appetizers and let the mingling and laughter begin.
7. Hot Air Ballooning – Up Up and Away … embrace your daredevil or overcome your fear of heights, as your love reaches a new elevation.
8. Dance Lesson – Say YES to some dirty dancing. Or, maybe even a waltz. OK so you won’t be on Dancing with the Stars, but you can have some fun trying to see what it would be like.
9. Night of Mystery & Murder – No, don’t worry — no one really dies. Or do they? Be scared and let your amour protect you while you partake in a night of mystery & murder. There are plenty of venues that offer Murder Mystery evenings/dinner. Take your date — but watch out for the Maitre’D.
10. Volunteer at a Homeless Shelter – I know. You probably think I got my top ten lists mixed up. I didn’t. The world does exist outside our own universe. Show you care and give back by volunteering at a shelter and help cook and serve up food. You will have fun, bond and isn’t life about helping others? So, why not do it together?!